Auto Key Programming
Transponders are challenging bits of equipment which are infamously pricey to fix at car dealers. Employing an auto locksmith to fix your transponder is actually a much faster and affordable alternative. We have the ability to configure new keys, remove data from older ones which may have been snatched, as well as add new car keys to the vehicle’s system if you need extra keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
Our team realize that you might not be very familiar with the most up-to-date vehicle technology. That’s why we try to demystify these things for you to make sure that you know the problem you are experiencing.
A transponder key resembles your normal car key EXCEPT that it possesses a very small high-tech chip within it which boosts the security of the vehicle. Every single chip in each vehicle key will come with a particular identification number assigned and set up in it from the time it was manufactured. The transponder key pairs with the receiver in the ignition of the vehicle in order to function. Whenever you go towards the vehicle and trigger the transponder key, the receiver matches the identification number and only if it is an exact pairing, will the vehicle open automatically.
The Downside Of A Transponder Key
Being exceptionally specialized in auto locksmith emergency situations, we must inform you that this safety and security feature is from time to time a double-edged sword. This is due to the fact that if any part of your transponder key fails to function, the ignition won’t fire up, and you are left stranded with your vehicle.
Some Examples Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can get scrambled by other transponders and can suddenly cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These kinds of scenarios can be seriously annoying and will need specialist help.
– If ever you lose or break your transponder then there is no other option other than to reprogram a brand-new key to work with your vehicle.
– At times something weird might happen to your vehicle; lights will flash, the alarm will go off, the driving wheel may lock or even the car won’t start. Commonly this is due to an issue with the transponder and ECU.
Glasgow Auto Locksmiths possess the expert know-how and technology needed in order to remedy these kinds of issues for you at the side of the road. A large number of roadside recovery firms do not have these tools thus won’t have the capacity to help you. If something similar to this occurs, it’s a good idea to consult with an auto locksmith first for guidance, prior to telephoning anyone else. If you contact our ROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer care line, our staff ensure that a specialist will be with you quickly to attend to the problem and get you on your journey as fast as possible. Speed is our strength, so look no more, phone us on 0333 772 0769
Our company provide the below services at truly affordable prices:
– Replacement of lost transponder keys
– Repair work of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key copying options
– Key programming on-board
– Synchronizing of transponder key chip.
Therefore if you’re suffering from a transponder issue, do not put off getting in touch with our specialist team. We leave no stone unturned in order to achieve a suitable resolution using our specialist vehicle key programming techniques.