Auto Key Programming
Transponders are challenging bits of equipment which are infamously expensive to repair at car dealers. Employing an auto locksmith to repair your transponder is truly a much faster and affordable alternative. We have the ability to configure new keys, remove data from older ones which may have been snatched, as well as add new keys to the vehicle’s system if you need extra keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
We understand that you might not be very familiar with the latest vehicle technology. That’s why we try to demystify these things for you to make sure that you know the issue you are experiencing.
A transponder key resembles your standard car key EXCEPT that it possesses a very small high-tech chip within it which greatly enhances the security of the vehicle. Every single chip in each vehicle key will come with a particular identification number assigned and programmed in it from the time it was manufactured. The transponder key pairs with the receiver in the ignition of the vehicle in order to work. Whenever you move towards the vehicle and trigger the transponder key, the receiver matches the identification number and only if it is an exact match, will the vehicle open automatically.
The Downside Of A Transponder Key
Being exceptionally specialized in auto locksmith emergency situations, we must inform you that this safety and security feature is from time to time a double-edged sword. This is due to the fact that if any part of your transponder key fails to work, the ignition won’t fire, and you are left stranded with your vehicle.
Some Examples Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can get scrambled by others and can suddenly cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These kinds of scenarios can be seriously annoying and call for specialist help.
– If ever you misplace or damage your transponder then there is no other option other than to reprogram a brand-new key to work with your vehicle.
– At times something weird might happen to your vehicle; lights will blink, the alarm system will set off, the driving wheel may lock or even the car won’t start. Commonly this is due to an issue with the transponder and ECU.
Glasgow Auto Locksmiths possess the expert know-how and technology needed in order to remedy these kinds of issues for you wherever you may be stranded. A large number of roadside recovery firms don’t possess these tools thus won’t have the capacity to help you. In the event something similar to this occurs, it’s a good idea to consult with an auto locksmith first for guidance, prior to telephoning anyone else. If you contact our ROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer care line, our staff ensure that a specialist will be with you quickly to attend to the problem and get you on your journey as fast as possible. Speed is our strength, so look no further, phone us on 0333 772 0769
Our company provide the below services at considerably affordable prices:
– Replacement of lost transponder keys
– Mending of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key copying options
– Key programming on-board
– Synchronizing of transponder key chip.
Therefore if ever you’re suffering from a transponder issue, don’t put off getting in touch with our specialist team. We leave no stone unturned in order to find a suitable resolution using our specialist vehicle key programming techniques.